A Sucessful Sunday


Posted by PicasaIn our church, the first hour is spent in the chapel and the children stay with their parents. This means that every week, Mike and I struggle to keep two active little children relatively still and quiet for about an hour and ten minutes. I'll be honest, sometimes I couldn't tell you anything that was talked about during the meeting. We never make it through without one of the kids (usually Kiwi) needing to be taken out.
Today was different. I don't know if it was the choice of snacks, the coloring books, the fact that we had the whole pew to ourselves and were able to keep the kids separate most of the time, but today was a really good day. They were quiet, they were occupied, and there was only one little fight, but we were able to diffuse it before Kiwi went into full meltdown mode. I actually listened to the speakers and left the meeting without a smear of half chewed goldfish anywhere on my clothes.
About five to ten minutes before the meeting ended, Little Man said he was thirsty. I was already mentally celebrating the fact that we had made it through the whole meeting without having to take a child out and I told him he needed to wait. And then he pulled out the potty card. We told him to wait, he started dancing and said he couldn't. The potty card pretty much trumps everything in our family. Was he bluffing and manipulating us to get out of the meeting and to get a drink? Possibly. But we don't mess around when it comes to getting our three year old to the bathroom. Mike took him out. Maybe next week we'll make it...and I would still definitely count it as a successful Sunday.

Comments

Popular Posts